Group Planning Sessions

 


Planning session with my teammates

Firstly, we had an online meeting in Teams. There, we accepted that each of us do some research on seperate parts of our teaching topic. Those parts were: student-centered approach, personalization, competence-based approach, and their affect on planning.

I did my part in finding out about student-centered approach and its effect on planning and I presented it in our next meeting.

In our next planning session which was held in Oulu University, after going through all the literature review and information which each of us provided, we decided on the structure and format of presenting the lesson.

It is important to decide, based on the situation, which resources, materials, and equipments are needed for our purpose. Since, we have the online teaching session, we used Powerpoint slides, Padlet links, NotePad, Prezi app. Of course, computer, headphone, webcam, and microphone are the main equipments.

We all agreed that our teaching approach be mainly student-centered. The main methods which we decided to include in our approach were problem-solving, critical thinking, hand on the job, group discussion, and collaboration. And we would act like a guide to transfer the lesson as the input to the students.

I had my own idea on preparing lesson plan and that was using Prezi link in putting all the necessary information in form of presentation. 

I always find teachers' lesson plan and objectives, for the session or the whole course, really boring and easy to forget. But by presenting the lesson plan which is prepared for students in an interesting, colorful, and clear way, we can make it more easy to follow and remember.

I really enjoyed working with my team. One booked a room in university, and one shared his laptop's screen on the big screen and we all had the chance to share our ideas and each one of us had practical solution for possible problems which might happen during the class. It is teachers' responsibility to always think ahead and predict prospective issues and prepare solutions for those issues beforehand.

We had the second meeting in the same room at university. This time we presented the prepared slides one by one and we gave our feedback to each presentation. Many good advices and feedbacks I received and it also gave me enough encouragement for the next day presentation.

The feedback from colleagues and students is one the best ways to assess yourself and I give an important role to peer assessment and feedback. With this type of assessment I will know my strength and weak points in my teaching and I will develop my teaching competency with each feedback and assessment.



Photo taken from:

https://careercraft.ie/blog/how-to-answer-an-interview-question-teamwork/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laws and Amendments

35. You understand the legislation governing the work of a teacher in vocational and higher education. 36. You teach, guide and assess o...